Recognizing Community Contributions

Following in the footsteps of the previous (pt1) (pt2) initiative all the way back in November, we have built a strong and stable treasury position and so have earned the right to start ensuring community contributions are recognized.

As Larry said back in October:

Here’s how the treasury looks today:

Contribution to Pickle’s success comes in many guises, from being super helpful in the Discord channel to code fixes to helping to spread the word, and more. There’s no criteria for what defines ‘contribution’.

We’d like to hear from YOU with your nominations for people that have contributed to Pickle within recent weeks/months. It can be for any reason you feel worthy.

10 Likes

Well I start with 2 obvious nominations: Bwar and Sevenz for creating the Pickle docs

10 Likes

:green_heart: Chimaera,
:green_heart: Sevenz,
:green_heart: Wunderbernd,
:green_heart: Cipio,
:green_heart: Scotty,
:green_heart: 2weiX,
:green_heart: MisterMard,
:green_heart: Jomari,
:green_heart: yyctrader
:green_heart: Bwar,
:green_heart: 0xBoxer,
:green_heart: 0xAnon
:green_heart: Leekuanjew
& some dude called Larry the Cucumber :cucumber:

9 Likes

Nice initiative, ser.

4 Likes

Here is a quick list from me: in no particular order
Sevenz
Bwar
Scotty
Cipio
Wunderbernd
Psq
Ricky Sanchezy
HarryK

On the team:
Chimaera
LKJ
0xAnon
Larry
Fennec!!!

7 Likes

Pickle is the first discord i have actually come back on a regular basis. Being new to the pickle community i will throw some names out of people I have learned from and spoken to in the Discord in no particular order (i apologize if I forgot anyone)

• Wunderbernd
  • 0xAnon
  • Larry the Cucumber
  • Leekuanjew
  • Sevenz
  • Bwar
  • Chimaera
  • Scotty
  • Cipio
5 Likes

Amazing initiative. Rewarding the community is key to build a nice DAO !

5 Likes

I’ll add some that I haven’t seen yet -

jintao does A LOT behind the scenes

Jan did a lot before being appointed to the team

Cerunos was really helpful prior to the Dill launch when the community was struggling, same with Merpenduous

4 Likes

Great initiative to encourage community !

I will not add any additional names since most of the contributors I thought already mentioned, I just want to add a type of reward :

:cucumber: Maybe we can distribute some free nitro packs to community contributors as a token of appreciation in discord

3 Likes

I would like to nominate myself. Been here since the beginning, lost money in the hack. My main contribution is being the contrarian or the bad guy. :joy:

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin’ fingers and say, “That’s the bad guy.”

3 Likes

okay good points, we always need contrarian opinions to keep the balance in community and decisions in check.

I nominate you ser and good Scarface acting in between :medal_sports: :1st_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal:

2 Likes

I don’t doubt that Jintao and Jan are doing a ton. The problem as I see it for them is that their successes aren’t that publicized because they’re part of the team. This isn’t a good thing. We should broadcast and take note of any good work done, even by long time team members. Sometimes I feel bad that I don’t know what Jintao and Jan are working on right now.

Jintao is not on the team, that’s why I was recommending him - whereas Jan was helping a lot prior to joining the team in the last few weeks :slight_smile:

Moreover, not sure about broadcasting work done because by the looks of it some people just want to go under the radar - which is why community contributions exist as a lighthearted way to allow the community to reward those it thinks deserve a little something, whether in the community or on the developer side. It also takes away precious time which could be used for something else :grinning: :+1:

1 Like