I am starting this post to bring everyone some light reading on some of the most vocal community members in Pickle Finance discord and forums. I think it’s really important for a project that wants to transition to a DAO to know its community, especially the members that deeply care, contribute continuously, provide constructive feedback and help this budding ecosystem grow. I hope this thread I start will provide some great insights/learnings/feedback to learn about these members and also a great place to have some history of Pickle stored!!
Again in no particular order, I will ping some names (the maximum I can for this post) and would really appreciate if you could share your story here. I am sure I have missed a few names here and would ask the contributors to ping others that I may have missed). This is just an experiment to have some fun with other serious business we do as a project. Participation and information is totally voluntary and if you DM me on discord, I will remove relevant pings.
To keep the thread clean I would appreciate if everyone would please:
- Provide the info after copy + past the questions and then answer underneath.
- Make your own bio and share in an other creative way!
- If community likes any of the post please press the <3 button.
- Tell us a bit about yourself. How you got involved in crypto. First crypto project. First DEFI project. How did you find Pickle Finance and what really got you interested in Pickle?
- Would you call yourself a shrimp, shark or a whale pickle holder? This I guess is to just give others that read the story a way to relate to your narrative. (Again only for fun - If this is something you would rather skip please do)
- What do you think Pickle as a project does different to others in the DEFI space especially competitors? Are you involved in any other competitor projects and what do you see as Pickles strengths and weakness?
- Where do you see Pickle in the next 3-6 months. Do you have a longer view of this project?
- How do you think the current governance process is going? Have you been involved with all the core PIPs? Tell us about a PIP that was the most controversial to you and what your position was? Also suggest some improvements for governance that may get more of the community involved.
- What is a recent exciting discussion that you had with someone else in the community and give us a bit of gist.
- What is your motivation to stick around with Pickle? How long have you been involved with a crypto project before? How long do you see yourself sticking around with Pickle.
- In your view as a vocal community member, what do you see Pickle needs to do to get from where we are to something like being the defacto project that everyone lands on looking for yield!
- Give us some fun info or anything else you would like to add to this thread!
**EDIT 01/11/20 - Thanks so much for everyone that took the time to reply to this post. It’s a really cool dill to read these bios. Added new Pings. Also if you think there is too many questions, pick the ones that you feel are most relevant and add anything else that you like. Have fun writing!!
Would love to see the DEV TEAM participate. Are you game? Keep your anonymity but give us a story to read!! Larry_Cucumber 0xpenguin BigBrainBriner
Updated Pings 1: pipickle, Tomato_Juxx, jintao, @dafacto ***
**EDIT 03/11/20 Really happy to see others joining in. Calling all active picklers to contribute to this thread, please go ahead and add a bio, the questions above are now only a cue. Use your own style like Dr.Eggplant or masanobu.
**EDIT 11/11/20 Now that we are past PIP-17, I would like to revive this thread. Pinging again to see if there is any more interest to share stories. Got to say it has been incredible though to read about the diversity of the community.
Updated Pings 3: @2weiX @dark @UniquePresident @jrrrrrr
EDIT 19/11/20 Cleaned up the Original Post to remove references to Pickle Challenge. Will keep the thread open and ping any interesting new comers I see in discord